CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Platform Youth Mentoring

I just had a phone conference with the Big Brother and Big Sister of Nashua and I'm very excited that I will be working and representing this great organization. Youth mentoring is not just a platform for me but a life long endeavor. I came from an unfortunate background that involved parents with substance abuse and growing up with a physical disability of being born half deaf. But I was a lucky child I had my grandparents who stepped in to raise me and family, friends and teachers who cared and loved me. Without all those support systems I shudder to think of where and what my life would become. I have been a youth mentor for 16 years and I have worked with the Big Brother and Big Sister Organization in MA and now I get to work with the Nashua Office! You know how some peoples names reflect their personalities well that is true of the Director of BBBS of Nashua her name is Joy and it fits her perfectly!!!!!

0 comments: