CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Seacoast Heart Walk Rye New Hampshire


I mean look at this picture it was so beautiful here in Rye New Hampshire at the Wallis Sands Beach/State Park! I was volunteering and walking in the four mile Seacoast Heart Walk to raise awareness and funds for the American Heart Association. The coordinator is Rosie and she is a sweetheart and she organized a great event! It was like a mini carnival and the turn out was awesome! I met so many great people at this event! I volunteered at the registration and advocacy tent with Nancy (another lovely person). I talked with the walkers about childhood obesity and I asked the walkers to fill out postcards saying they supported a new bill that will help bring much needed changes in our schools to help the fight against childhood obesity! I was psyched to get so many postcards filled out :) Then I walked the four miles with crown and banner. It was a truly beautiful day and
walking along the ocean was magnificent!!!! Also walkers could bring their dogs and I was in heaven, since I have three of my own!!!! It was a great event and I'll be back next year with my dogs :)























0 comments: